January 8, 15, 22, 29
Have you been curious about starting a meditation practice, but aren't sure where to start? In this four-week series, we will discuss and practice accessible meditation practices and tools together. This series will help you begin your own daily meditation practice or give you an opportunity to strengthen your existing practice in a supportive group setting.
In this series, we will cover:
* establishing a sweet seat, or sukhasana, for a comfortable meditation
* Q&A about what meditation is and isn't, what the «goal» is and isn't
* teachings from Patanjali's Yoga Sutra about the nature of our minds, as well as dharana and dhyana
* teachings from Buddhism, Ram Dass, His Holiness the 14th Dalai Lama, and other sacred texts regarding meditation practice
* discussion and practice of two main forms of meditation: anapanasati, or mindfulness of breathing, and japa, recitation of a mantra, with mala beads.
Recommended to have a pair of mala beads when you participate!
Location: Mandir (2940 Canal Street)
Questions? [email protected]